Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pimple girl

Yes, my choice of blogging material is pimples. All my friends know that I'm a real whinger when it comes to my skin, but I CAN'T HELP IT I'M BORN PIMPLY :(

Here documents my sad journey:

Age 12
FIRST BLOOD ಠ_ಠ Skin was still smooth and blemish free. Skirts were not.

Age 13
Enter metal framed specs, crooked teeth and center parting. I also wore my skirts sarong length. I remember that this upper secondary guy didn't really like to talk to me during orientation, but now I realised that it was because I was ugly. I REMEMBER YOUR NAME, GUY. 

Age 14
May have watched too much TV or read too many magazines, because I wanted to put on make-up when I went out.  HERE COMES THE FIRST PIMPLE. Honestly I don't know if it's the hormones or the make-up, but it it's the latter I wish I could kick the 14-year-old me. 

Another milestone in terms of my physical appearance: I got myself a fringe and started wearing contacts. Classmate couldn't recognise me at first and I took it as a good sign (but looking back.....). Also began folding my skirt so I could show off my satay stick legs.

Age 15
My pimples started a family and led a blessed life with plenty of offspring. Was also the year my oil glands had its opening ceremony and started distribution of sebum. Apparently business was very good, and they regularly paid their dues to the unfortunate tenant (e.g. me).

Also thought scene kids and emo freaks were cool, which explains my terrible punk tweety bird hair.

Braces were put on at the end of the year.

Age 16
It just gets worse, doesn't it?

Age 17
Thought I should do something about my skin if I wanted more friends in poly. Before this I had already visited at least 1 (can't remember) dermatologist, which was as useful as dunking my face in toilet bowl water.

I did facials regularly, despite the excruciating pain when my pimples were forced to evacuate from their homes. My face resembled a piece unevenly cooked meat after each session, but improvements were seen after quite a number of them. 

I was always putting concealer out so it wasn't that obvious.

April: I put extra large for you all to scrutinize my skin, ok?

May: HAHAHAHA AMANDA AND RACHEL



June

July

September

Start of October: Looks decent, but I was still putting concealer.

lol

End October: the day I took off my braces so my smile was like :D


October

October

November:  my skin was getting better, so I made the mistake of stopping my facials. Oh nooo



December

My old bird, who flew away later on because my father didn't latch the cage properly :(


Sob (he never allowed me to touch him)

Sob (got eaten by a cat)

December
Ok my McDonald's is here. I'll continue this another time (maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment